The Facilitated Learning Analysis(FLA) and Coordinated Response Protocol(CRP) are group learning approaches to review a broad spectrum of unintended outcomes or close calls ranging from fatalities and escaped fires to vehicle accidents. Through lectures, case studies, and interaction between participants and faculty, the course will:
• Illustrate concepts, technologies and methods to actively engage the FLA and CRP processes.
• Examine case studies that describe a paradigm shift from blame to learning in the wake of an accident.
• Demonstrate the use of storytelling to exploit accidents and other unintended outcomes as learning events.
• Underline the concept of sense-making to enable FLA and CRP team members to overcome hindsight bias.
• Move organizations towards a learning culture. The workshop is limited to 56 participants
Prepare participants to serve as FLA and CRP team members.
Personnel interested and available to participate on review teams analyzing all types of accidents and near-misses. The Workshop participation is not limited to Fire and Aviation Management employees.
Total Hours: 40
None, However preference will be given to individuals with experience in risk management, safety management and accident investigations.